- ALLOW yourself to experience your feelings and witness your thoughts, without trying to push anything away or change it.
- JUST BE here as you are. Fully present, accepting yourself and allowing life to unfold moment by moment.
- AS YOU LEARN TO BE PRESENT with yourself, you begin to trust in life. You begin to trust your own journey of unfolding.
- AS YOU SIT HERE, WHERE DO YOU SENSE YOUR BREATH? Is it at the nostrils, a thin column of air moving in and out… Or is it at your chest? Just sense your breath.
- NOTICE IT. Notice your breath without trying to change it. Stay with it for a few minutes. Just keep noticing your breath.
This breath. This moment. This in-breath, this out-breath.
The practice of yoga can lead us into a meditative state. And meditation is one of the most profound ways for healing and for learning.
If you followed this reading and stayed present with your breath, you have just practiced mindfulness meditation! You can practice mindfulness anywhere and anytime. Waiting in a line up at the grocery store, washing dishes, or brushing your teeth.